This blog posting inspired me to check which ones that I had already done…
40. Watch a local football match.☑ – both in Thailand and in Indonesia (however, they were international games, Australia vs Iran, the local football games are a bit mad.
39. Eat an entire durian yourself. ☑ – eaten half a one plenty of times.
38. Visit the Badui. ☐ no, but now I’ve heard about them I will
37. Smoke a 234 Dji Sam Soe non filter cigarette. ☑ given up now.
36. Visit the Golden Mosque. ☐ visited plenty of other mosques, how about the largest mosque in South East Asia (Istiklal Masjid) and then Jakarta’s Catholic cathedral opposite each other!
35. Feed a Komodo a chicken. ☐ I’ve seen them at the zoo, usually rubbish all over them as the locals throw anything they can at them.
34. Attend a ngaben cremation ceremony in Bali.☐ as a general rule, I hate ceremonies. Though have visited a funeral in Tana Toraga.
33. Swim from one island to another. ☐ not yet.
32. Wear a durian flavored condom. ☐ never thought about it, suppose I could do it if I felt like it.
31. Plummet down the speed slide at waterbom. ☑ damn fast!
30. Visit Schapelle Corby or another foreigner in an Indonesian prison. ☐
29. Have a massage. ☑
28. Ride a becak. ☑
27. Visit “Dolly” to conduct socio-economic research.☐ – no thanks.
26. Slaughter a cow/chicken. ☐ I’ve watched a few animals get slaughtered, particularly during Eid, I don’t think I feel the need to do so. (Though I have killed and eaten duck in Australia.
25. Go to the top of Monas. ☑ Meh. boring.
24. Watch a cockfight. ☑ in Thailand there was a motorcycle taxi guys cockfighting set up on a bit of empty land that my apartment overlooked.
23. Drive from Jakarta to Bali. ☐ don’t wanna, terribly poor roads, and a long way
22. Make a commercial. ☐ I’ve been to a couple of casting, but didn’t have the look, a mate of mine did a tim tam commercial, he never heard the end of it.
21. Attend a political rally (esp. PDIP) ☐ and try and avoid them, have been caught up, delayed on the roads by a couple.
20. Try a local brew. ☑ dangerous though.
19. Ride a Harley Davidson motorcycle in Java. ☑ technically I haven’t. though I have ridden a high powered sports bike all over BKK and Pattaya
18. Have a night out in Mangga Besar. ☑
17. Eat a strange animal. ☑ Insects.
16. Drink Kuku Bima jamu ☑ herbal brews, my better half forces a horrible chinese medicine brew down my throat when I have a bit of bali belly, and it does seem to help.
15. Fast for a day. ☑ plenty of times, the water is the hardest thing to fast from. You end up light headed by mid afternoon.
14. Write a letter/article for the Jakarta Post. ☑ yep.
13. See Superman Is Dead. ☐
12. Visit a traditional village in south Nias. ☐
11. Go down a fast flowing Indonesian river in a tire tube. ☑ I’ve rafted them instead. Much safer.
10. Climb a volcano. ☑ climbed several and will do again, they are great.
9. Play the stock /forex market. ☐
8. Go fishing with an Indonesian fisherman. ☑ didn’t catch much though, was more interested in the beer
7. Get a tattoo done.☑
6. Take in a live music show. ☑
5. Visit the Antonio Blanco Museum in Bali.☐
4. Stay with an Indonesian dukun (soothsayer). ☐
3. Take a trip to Bangkok from Jakarta (without flying). ☐
2. Watch the Kecak Dance live in Bali. ☐ – I hate watching local dances, though seen several just not this one, I think.
1. Snorkel a coral reef. ☑ Diving them is even better. I’ve swam with Turtles and dolphins too.
My extra ones.
1. Sailed with a manta ray
2. Take a train ride through the country
3. Parasailed over the puncak pass
4. Played cricket in the boonies.
5. Hitch hiked off a volcano because the car was broken
6. Golf, play a round or more of golf. – it is superb here.
7. Been flooded in.
8. Visit a local/traditional wedding – with multiple changes of clothes etc.
9. Watched a street side monkey show. (Topeng Monyet) – though that’s pretty cruel.
10. Bribe a policeman
So that makes 50 !
What other ones have I missed ?